Friday, December 14, 2012

The Working Bear - Part 4

Greetings y'all,

It's been a few days since I've posted, sorry for that.  I've been pretty busy lately, acclimating myself to the new job and the new hours.  Fortunately, all of the dull, online training stuff is done.  Now I get to work on the floor, learning the register, lotto and gas pumps.  It's pretty basic stuff really, but let me say this, it's a steady paycheck.

For those who are searching for a job, be patient and don't be picky in this economy.  Sure you may have that degree or all those years under the belt, but in these times, take the bull by the horns, swallow your pride and take that job if it's offered to you.  No job is beneath you.

Mostly I'm saying this for all those people out there that say there is no job for them, and they wouldn't be caught dead flipping burgers.  I'll ask this, would you rather be living in your parents basement, living off your friends, living off anyone that will give you a handout?  Or would you rather have a paycheck for your hard work?  The choice, my friends, is in your hands.

I know it's hard out there, I've lived it first hand.  So, take a deep breath and get out there, there are more jobs than you're thinking.  You may be surprised if a little effort is put forth. 

If someone like me, who's been outta work for longer than I care to say, can do it, certainly other people can too.  That's all I'm sayin'.

-Radar

No comments:

Post a Comment